Designed to attract candidates who have a strong proficiency in either French or English, post-secondary education and skilled work experience, the Federal Skilled Worker Program has been operating since 2015 through Canada’s flagship application management system “Express Entry”.
Prospective applicants go through a two-step process where they first must be selected in a pool of candidates followed by directly submitting a complete application for Canadian permanent residency.
In 2018, close to 50,000 prospective immigrants were invited to apply for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, making it one of the most important economic immigration streams in Canada.
Why choose Canada’s federal skilled worker program?
- One of the largest economic immigration programs by volume;
- No offer of employment required;
- No requirement to come to Canada on a temporary status before applying for permanent residency;
- Very fast processing time of 6 months;
- Proof of the source of funds not required;
- Possibility to live anywhere in Canada including Toronto and Vancouver (except the province of Quebec).